International Mountain Bicycling Association Rides
CycleLifeHQ is pleased to partner with the International Mountain Bicycling Association as their destination marketing service provider.
The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) is the worldwide leader in mountain bike advocacy, and the only organization in the U.S. focused entirely on trails and access, for all types of mountain bikers in all parts of the country. Since 1988, IMBA has taught and encouraged low-impact riding, grassroots advocacy, sustainable trail design, innovative land management practices and cooperation among trail user groups. IMBA is a network of local groups, individual riders and passionate volunteers working together for the benefit of the entire community.
IMBA ride experiences include EPIC Rides, Ride Center and Chapter trails; bringing you the best of the best.
What makes an IMBA EPIC ride EPIC?
The EPICS designation is designed to recognize the most adventurous and special of mountain bike rides and is awarded by IMBA staff following a comprehensive accreditation process based on the following criteria:
- Demanding experience in a natural/remote setting (back-country riding);
- More than 80% singletrack;
- Technically and physically challenging; and
- At least 20 miles in length.
- Lake Ouachita Vista Trail, Hot Springs
- Ouachita National Recreation Trail, Hot Springs
- Syllamo Trails, Mountain View
- Upper Buffalo, Fayetteville
- Womble Trail, Hot Springs
- Armstrong to Strawberry, Tahoe
- Big Boulder From Packer Saddle, Downieville
- Cannell Trail, Kernville
- Tahoe Rim and Flume Trail, Tahoe
- Aspen Snowmass Megaloop, Aspen
- Buffalo Creek Big Loop, Denver
- Colorado trail - the entire mtb route, Denver
- Monarch Crest, Salida
- Australian Alpine EPIC, Mt Buller Australia
- Beowulf the Loop, Silver Star, Canada
- Heaphy Track, Nelson (South Island), New Zealand
- Laugavegur Route, Fjallabak Nature Reserve, Iceland
- Old Ghost Road, Nelson (South Island) New Zealand
- Seven Summits, Rossland, Canada
- Sininen Saavutus Trail, Suomussalmi, Hossa National Park, Finland
- W2 Afan Forest Park, Port Talbot, Wales
The Ride Centers™ designation recognizes the pinnacle of mountain biking communities. These are large-scale facilities with something for every rider, from a variety of riding experiences to a variety of ways to have fun off the bike. Below, we have listed all the IMBA Ride Centre destinations for your perusal.
Ride Centers™ feature extensive trail networks, masterfully designed for mountain bikers of every skill level and built by professional trailbuilders and local volunteers. Bring your full arsenal of bikes to these destination-worthy areas. From backcountry adventures to shuttle-served gravity trails, and from expert-only to family-friendly, you’ll encounter the best the sport has to offer. Ride Centers™ range from renowned gold-level destinations like Park City, UT, and Oakridge, OR, to smaller towns that totally revolve around the ride like McCall, ID, or Marquette, MI.
- Coldwater Mountain, Anniston Bronze
- Roaring Fork/Aspen Snowmass: Aspen Bronze
- Steamboat Bike Town, Steamboat Springs Silver
- Vail Valley, Eagle County Silver
- Santos, Ocala Bronze
- Central Savannah River Area Bronze
- Brown County, Nashville Bronze
- Helena Silver
- Santa Fe Silver
- Oakridge Gold
- Reading Bronze
- Park City Gold
- Chequamegon area: Cable Bronze
- Teton-Ridge Silver