City of Sydney commissions Strategic Cities to help business
Cycling in Sydney is booming. If you took all the people who cycle across the Sydney Harbour Bridge every day and put them on public transport, they would fill 30 buses.
This is a very different story from when I used to cycle from Chatswood Pizza Hut to my home at Bondi Junction when I was putting myself through college.
I was chased and chastised by EVERYONE... motorists, walkers, RTA officials and even painters while on the bridge.
So it's great news that the City of Sydney has commissioned Strategic Cities to help local businesses become bike ready. Run by Mark Ames of ibikelondon fame, Strategic Cities offers businesses fresh insights into:
- How to prepare for more employees arriving by bicycle
- How to run a successful bicycle fleet - adding a fleet of bicycles to your travel toolkit so that staff can move more economically, sustainably and quickly
- Common pitfalls to avoid
Download your business bicycle fleet guide
If you're a business owner in Sydney, download Strategic Cities' business bicycle fleet guide. It has all the information you need to help your business become bike-friendly and enjoy benefits including:
- Saving money on taxis and public transport
- More active employees - studies show people who are active have increased productivity and take fewer sick days
- Reduced dependence on expensive car parking places
- Reduced stress levels, anxiety and depression
Have you introduced a bicycle fleet at your workplace? Let us know your top tips for success in the comments below.