Otago Central Rail Trail NZ
Otago Central Rail Trail NZ (or the 'Queenstown & Otago Rail Trail') is a great trail that no one wants to miss.
Combine two of the South Island's most popular cycling experiences, the adventure capital of Queenstown and the famous Otago Rail Trail. The cycling begins with a beautiful ride from Arrowtown to the Kawarau 'Bungy' Bridge on the newly established Queenstown Trails before pedaling the country's most famous cycle path, the 150km vehicle free Otago Rail Trail, a specially converted trail along the old Central Otago branch railway line from Clyde to Middlemarch.
You'll discover the many small towns and abandoned gold diggings scattered along the trail as well as meeting some intriguing locals before hopping off the bikes to board the spectacular Taieri Gorge Railway into Dunedin, one of the world's great train trips. For those that thrive on adventure and activity during their holidays, Queenstown will be a highlight in itself and we encourage you to talk to us about extending your stay here to make the most of the many activities on offer.
- 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners
- 4 nights hotel/motel accommodation on twin share basis, mostly ensuite bathroom facilities
- Professional qualified driver/guide
- 2 professional guides/drivers on trips with 8 or more people
- Private vehicle transport (except for Taieri Gorge train)
- Taieri Gorge Train trip to Dunedin
- Otago Central Rail Trail passport
- Wine tasting at a Central Otago vineyard
- Water and snacks while cycling
- Access and concession fees paid to the Department of Conservation