Alps to Ocean Cycle
- Cycle the spectacular trails of the Alps to Ocean from Tekapo.
- Take in the stunning views of Lakes Pukaki, Ohau, Benmore and Aviemore
- Soak in the hot pools at Lake Tekapo (optional)
- Hike beneath Mt Cook in the World Heritage National Park
- Cycle through the golden tussock lands of the Mackenzie Country
- Enjoy a delicious platter lunch at Lake Ohau Lodge
- Spend a night at the historic Burnside Homestead and elegant Waitaki Braids Lodge
- Discover the ancient Elephant Rock formations
- Explore the charming Victorian Precinct in Oamaru
Explore some of the most scenic landscapes in New Zealand's South Island by bike on our fully supported Alps to Ocean Cycle tour. Encounter the majesty of New Zealand's highest peak, Aoraki, Mt Cook, the sweeping tussocklands of the Mackenzie Country, and the flowing rivers, vineyards and farmland of the Waitaki Valley as you cycle towards the historic and vibrant coastal town of Oamaru on the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail. With superb mountain scenery as your backdrop, you'll be enchanted by the picturesque canal rides from the alternate trail start at Lake Tekapo. We then follow the trail along the dramatic turquoise Lake Pukaki through to the alpine retreat of Twizel. Our journey continues on ancient Maori trading and food gathering routes, past the historic hydro-schemes and through one of NZ's newest wine growing regions in the Waitaki Valley. You'll enjoy more than just cycling on this trip as we have the chance to soak in thermal hotpools, discover ancient Maori rock art, dramatic limestone landscapes, and explore the small local communities along the trail.