Camp Chase Trail - Let it take you places!
The Ohio to Erie Trail follows the Camp Chase Trail between Columbus and London. Camp Chase Trail is 16.2 miles and Roberts Pass is 6.8 miles.
Camp Chase Trailheads which offer free automobile parking:
- Columbus Wilson Road Park; 275 S Wilson Rd, Columbus, OH 43204 GIS: 39.949110, -83.096886 Amenities: Sheltered Picnic Area, Bike Fixit Station, Water Bottle Filing Station, Restroom (May-Sept Portable Unit)
- Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park; 8465 Alkire Rd, Galloway, OH 43119, GIS: 39.893482,-83.215803 Amenities: Year-round restrooms, Picnic Area, Canoe Access, Parking lot (Overnight Parking allowed with registration card near canoe access).
- Madison County, Wilson Road Trailhead, 3670 Wilson Rd SE, West Jefferson, OH 43162; GIS: 39.88981747708338,-83.31370585864346 Seamless connection to Roberts Pass. Amenities: Portable restroom and parking accommodations for about a dozen vehicles.
Friends of Camp Chase Trail Social Media: facebook/campchasefriends, twitter @campchasetrail, instagram and wikipedia. Find a list of events happening at and around Camp Chase Trail on the facebook page/events.
Tags for your social media posts: #campchasetrail #oh2erie #cyclelifehq
Online and printable maps of the Camp Chase Trail are on the Central Ohio Greenways website.
The closest Trailside camping is in London, OH at the Prairie Grass Trailhead. Located behind the Madison County Senior Center, 280 West High Street, the Prairie Grass Trailhead offers a pleasant rest stop for trail travelers. Basic amenities are provided (see below) in a well-maintained and pleasantly landscaped setting. This trail respite is intended as a service for long-distance trail users. Camping is on a first come first serve basis and donations are (gratefully!) accepted, but not required.
- Friends of Madison County Parks and Trails
- Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park
- Wilson Road Park/Trailhead
Sights to see outdoors:
- Historic Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery in the Hilltop Neighborhood at 2900 Sullivant Ave with Historical Marker
- Herd of Bison in a natural prairie setting at Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park often viewable from the Nature Center, 1415 Darby Creek Dr, Galloway, OH 43119.
- Movin' & Groovin' Mural, by artist Roger J Williams and Summer Jam West festival; visible from the trail just east of N. Sylvan Ave. 39°57′25″N 83°05′11″W
- National Road Historical Markers: Columbus 3 2300 W. Broad St.
- Campbell Memorial Park, Shrum Mound 2 miles north of the Ohio to Erie Trail at 3141 McKinley Ave. Columbus, OH 43204
- Columbus Recreation and Parks, West Side: Big Run Park, Westgate Park, Westmoor Park, Holton Park, Glenview Park
Arts and Entertainment:
14.08 km / 8.749 mi
91 m / 298 ft
94 m / 309 ft
282 m / 926 ft