Annapurna circuit with Mystic Mustang single tracks, Himalayas Nepal
This is an awesome mountain biking trip which takes you to the amazing Himalayas of Nepal witnessing one of the most amazing trails, single track, dirt trails, sweet downhill and yes breathtaking moments Crossing across the highest passes Thorong la pass 5416m, beautiful single trails and downhill trails, mixed off roads, amazing Himalayas like Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Dhaulagiri mountain both above 8000m and many other beautiful peaks like Pisang peaks, Thorong peaks, Damodar peak, Lamjung Himal and many more. This trail includes both Annapurna and Dhaulagiri regions passing across the deepest gorges in the world and beautiful waterfalls, and villages with warm hospitality culture of the Himalayas. This trip also includes the famous pilgrimages sites visit sacred unique place Muktinath. Also enjoying the natural hot spring bath towards the end of the trip will add more pleasure.
Day 01- Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
Our airport representative will be receiving you at Tribhuvan International airport, outside the airport terminal. You will be then transferred to your respective hotel in our private tourist vehicle. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02- Early Morning flight to Pokhara and drive to Chame 2620m
Today early morning flight takes us to beautiful city Pokhara, Our shuttles waiting at Pokhara Domestic airport and we pack our bags and bikes shuttle towards Chame. We drive to Chame there is a mani wall (dry stone wall inlaid with Buddhist prayer slates) in the middle of the path. These should always be passed on the left going clockwise. After going through green corn, barley and potatoes field, the valley becomes narrow again. It takes approx 6 hours of drive through bumpy off roads dusty trails passing through beautiful villages and scenery. We assemble our bikes today. Overnight at Chame
Day 03 - Ride from Chame to Upper Pisang (17km, 3,230m)
Ascend through pine forests as the trail open into a fertile agricultural valley. Rice fields and cow pastures mark a rather more hospitable stretch of terrain. The dirt trail leads you through villages and settlements, and you get the opportunity to meet with friendly locals and snotty children. Overnight at a guesthouse
Distance: 8.79 mi
Avg Speed: 2.8 mph
Elevation Gain: 2,425 ft
Calories: 796 C
Avg Temperature: 71.4 °F
Day 04 - Ride from Pisang to Manang (19km, 3,540m)
The route goes through a dense forest in a steep, narrow valley and crosses the river via two bridges, one at 2,910m and the other at 3,030m. The trail continues along the river to Pisang, where the altitude is enough to bring on the first symptoms of altitude sickness or AMS. From Pisang, the route follows through a wide valley that opens up ahead of us. Bikers will pass through Humde (the highest commercial airport in the world) and Braga with its monastery rooted in Tibetan religion. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Distance: 9.24 mi
Avg Speed: 4.2 mph
Elevation Gain: 1,401 ft
Calories: 671 C
Avg Temperature: 62.6 °F
Day 05 - Ride from Rest day and acclimatization in Manang
It is necessary to spend a rest day here to acclimatize. Ascending too rapidly could have potentially fatal consequences. There are many short excursions possible from Manang and remaining active is encouraged to aid acclimatization. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Distance: 6.08 mi
Avg Speed: 2.4 mph
Elevation Gain: 2,066 ft
Calories: 575 C
Avg Temperature: 45.9 °F
Day 06 - Ride from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi/Highcamp 4900m (12km, 4,450m)
We continue to ascend to higher altitude, and thus make our ride more strenuous as we reach Thorung Phedi. It is important to remain physically and mentally prepared for the highest climb of the following day. Take it easy and enjoy the scenery as we forsake distance for altitude. The scenery of the mighty hills surrounding you is sure to impress. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Distance: 4.29 mi
Avg Speed: 1.5 mph
Elevation Gain: 1,939 ft
Calories: 482 C
Avg Temperature: 41.5 °F
Day 07 - Ride from Thorong Phedi/Highcamp to Muktinath (22km, 2,800m) via Thorung-La pass (5,416m)
A 4am start is necessary to cross the Thorong-La Pass: the trail can get windy later making it difficult to cross the pass. It will take approximately 4 hours to reach the top (approx 3km) and will be 100% carry for bikers. The effects of altitude can now be fully felt. Once at the top, the trail descends rapidly on a very steep slope (technical riding) for approximately 45 minutes to Muktinath (3,800m) and then on a less extreme gradient on fast, wide flowing trails to the valley floor, where we will be greeted by the medieval village of Kagbeni, last stop before entering Mustang. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Distance: 17.73 mi
Avg Speed: 2.2 mph
Elevation Gain: 3,299 ft
Calories: 988 C
Avg Temperature: 50.2 °F
Day 08: Muktinath. Ride to Kagbeni via Gyu La Pass
We’ll jump in the jeeps this morning and shuttle into the Mustang Valley via Jharkot village to Muktinath, a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists.After a quick visit to Muktinath Temple, we’ll climb up to Gyu La Pass at 4500m, which borders on the restricted area of Upper Mustang.Take in the incredible views before dropping in for a fast and fun 15 km downhill trail ride back to our guesthouse in Kagbeni. Optional hike-a-bike freeride lines this afternoon.
Day 09: - Shuttle to Muktinath, Ride to Marpha via Lupra Pass
After breakfast we’ll shuttle back up to Muktinath where a 45 minute hike-a-bike will bring us to Lupra Pass at 4200m.We’ll drop in on a long and flowing singletrack descent totalling 30 km’s - this is one of the best rides anywhere on earth!Tonight’s accommodation in Marpha Village is home to abundant apple orchards, we’ll sample fresh apple pies and sip on homemade apple brandy.
Day 10 - Ride Marpha to Larjung + Trail Ride
After a delicious breakfast including apple fritters and americano coffee we’ll ride downhill to Larjung via jeep roads and singletrack side trails.We’ll stop for lunch and then head out on an afternoon ride up to a small mountainside village and back down through a beautiful pine forest.Overnight in Larjung Village, located deep in the Kali Gandaki river valley.
Day 11 -Ride from Larjung to Tatopani (42km, 1,190m)
Today we’ll ride through authentic Nepali foothills and villages on a mix of singletracks and rugged jeep trails.We’ll ride through the Kali Gandaki Valley, one of the world’s deepest river gorges, surrounded by the biggest mountains on earth!After dinner, a welcome soak in the Tatopani natural hot springs awaits before settling in for another good night’s sleep.
Distance: 37.04 mi
Avg Speed: 5.8 mph
Elevation Gain: 1,873 ft
Calories: 1,765 C
Avg Temperature: 64.4 °F
Day 12 - Ride from Tatopani to Beni (35km, 830m) and drive to Pokhara (820m)
As we descend the temperature increases and the trail becomes less rocky. From Beni the final 15km is a long an undulating track that follows the course of the river and passes through paddy fields, lined with banana plants. Once at Khaniya Ghat we will rejoin the paved road, where a bus will be waiting for us to transfer to Pokhara (2 hours). Enjoy and relax at lakeside, Pokhara Overnight at a hotel
Distance: 11.53 mi
Avg Speed: 6.4 mph
Elevation Gain: 3,066 ft
Calories: 574 C
Avg Temperature: 62.8 °F
Day 13 – Fly back from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,345m)
An early morning departure to Kathmandu by flight from Pokhara Domestic airport. It’s a great day for the shopping and souvenirs and remember your family friends back to your hometown. Tonight we celebrate dinner programs and we can spend our night at bars and clubs inside Thamel
Day 14 - Final departure from Nepal
The trip concludes. Our Airport Representative will drop you at the international airport in Kathmandu for your flight departure from Nepal. See you again soon. Namaste !!!!!!!
• Pick up from and drop off at the hotel and the airport on a private tourist vehicle
• Twin-sharing accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara including breakfast
• Twin-sharing (and occasionally dormitory style) accommodation in guesthouses during biking in Annapurna region.
• Ground transportation from Kathmandu to Besisahar, from Beni to Pokhara and from Pokhara to Kathmandu
• Government licensed English-speaking mountain biking guide (The number of guides and assistant guides is dictated by group size)
• The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trip (We assign one porter for two clients)
• Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for our field staff
• Annapurna Conservation Park permit and TIMS card.
• Permits and entry fees for sightseeing such as UNESCO world heritage sites
• All government taxes and official expenses.
• 3 meals (breakfast+lunch+dinner) in the biking trip Himalayas
• Mineral water 2 liters through the trip in the mountains
• A cup of tea or coffee with 3 meals a day
Price DOES NOT Include
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
• International airfare and airport departure tax
• Your travel insurance (Compulsory for the trip and should cover helicopter rescue)
• Nepal entry visa – you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (A multiple-entry 30-day tourist visa can be obtained for USD 40 or equivalent. Similarly, a multiple-entry 90-day tourist visa costs USD 100. Please have 2 passport-size photos. USD/Euro in cash is handy)
• All items of personal nature like drinks, laundry etc.
• Biking attire and other personal gears.
• Tips for biking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
• Others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
• Mountain bike for yourself and bike accessories ( We strongly recommend you to bring your own bike for safe and fun mountain biking here in Nepal)
• USD 300 extra per person if you want to upgrade the accommodation to a five-star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara. This option is unavailable for guesthouses in the Annapurna Circuit route.