Visiting world class cellar doors for wine tastings whilst cycling well laid, off road and relatively easy cycling trails across South Australia – including the Riesling Rail Trail & the Coast to Vines Rail Trail – savouring the best of these gourmet regions of Australia.
Whilst enjoying the freedom of being self guided, you are fully supported. Your itinerary has scheduled with gourmet meals, wine tastings…& more…all included in this classic Cycling Tour in South Australia.
- Lunch at the highly acclaimed Skillogalee Restaurant in the Clare Valley
- Cycling the Riesling Rail Trail in the Clare Valley via historic cellar doors
- Experiencing the world class wines and gourmet food of the Barossa region
- Views of McLaren Vale overlooking the Southern Ocean & the downhill cycle to the vineyards
Arrive into Adelaide, transfer to your accommodation (Mayfair or Playford Hotel), take a look around Adelaide. Enjoy your first dinner and get excited about your adventure ahead.
Meals: Dinner in Adelaide
Travel* to the Barossa for a day of cycling, wine tasting and gourmet food sampling. We visit Penfolds, Maggie Beers, Yalumba and other iconic food and wine venues whilst cycling the off road Barossa Rail Trail. An great day on the bike with the focus on food and wine. Cycling distance approx 30kms or more if desired. Transfer* to Auburn to your accommodation.
Meals: Full breakfast; Platter style lunch in Barossa, Dinner in Auburn.
Today you will cycle approximately 35kms toward Clare on the off road Riesling Rail Trail, with lots of scheduled stops on the way, including a full gourmet lunch at the highly regarded Skillogalee Winery. Overnight in Clare, with dinner included at a local gourmet venue.
Meals: Continental breakfast, Lunch at Skillogalee, Dinner
Cycle back to Auburn (35kms) on the Riesling Rail Trail tracing a slightly different route with lots of optional diversions, and a gourmet platter style lunch at the stunning O’Leary Walker Winery, finishing at Auburn. Transfer* back to Adelaide and check in at your accommodation (Mayfair Hotel or equivalent)
Meals: Full breakfast at Clare Country Club; Winery lunch at O’Leary Walker Wines
Transport is included on your tour of McLaren Vale, so be ready for your pick up after breakfast this morning for a fantastic all inclusive cycling day tour of the nearby McLaren Vale wine region. Enjoy a winery lunch before being transferred back to your hotel. Cycling distance 30kms. Overnight in Adelaide.
Meals: Full breakfast, winery lunch.
Enjoy breakfast, check out of your hotel and prepare for your onward journey.
Meals: Full breakfast
*Transfers between the regions are required on this tour. You can elect to self drive or Tour de Vines can provide transport throughout (ideal for groups). This can be booked during the booking process online.
This is what is included in this classic Cycling Tour South Australia:
- 5 nights accommodation including 2 nights in 4.5 star in Adelaide
- On call support & luggage transfers* (Clare Valley segment)
- Transport to and from Adelaide and ride with guide on McLaren Vale day tour (last day)
- Breakfasts throughout
- 4 x gourmet winery lunches
- 4 x 2 course restaurant dinners
- All wine tastings and produce stops (e.g.: Maggie Beers in Barossa)
- Printed itinerary and marked maps
- Environmentally friendly cycling water bottle
- Lightweight fair trade cycling t-shirt
- Bikes can be BYO'd or hired for $120 (new Giant or Specialised hybrid style) or $250 for e-bikes
This tour is great value!