Sweetwater Mountain Bike Trails
The Sweetwater Trail System is a gem in Tucson. It offers many trails and loops that can be used in different orders and in different directions. The Sweetwater Trail system is totally popular among cyclists in the area. It is mostly easy terrain with a few intermediate sections throughout to bring on some interest to riders. Since it is a multi-use trail, bikers better watch out for hikers and horses. This system, which was broken into seven sections, featuring about eight miles of single-track built by mountain bikers. Make sure you do not miss any of it.
1. Saguaro Vista Trail: Easy singletrack through classic Arizona desert.
2. Black Rock Loop: Fun loop that has a short intermediate climb and accompanying downhill section.
3. Sun Circle Loop: Short and Easy Loop to add some mileage.
4. Lost Arrow Trail: Sustained climb that is somewhat challenging for a beginner.
5. Homestead Trail: Easy singletrack with a little elevation change.
6. Red Canyon Trail: Intermediate route that bypasses the majority of the Homestead Trail.
7. Wildflower Ridge: Fun mostly downhill route back to the trailhead.
To have a rest along your travel, take a look at the year-round campground in Catalina State Park. Or enjoy yourself at a nice Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort. Otherwise, you may want to stay at the mid-range, bike-loving Lodge on the Desert. Another option is the very central Hampton Inn Tucson – North.
11.942 km / 7.421 mi
178 m / 583 ft
177 m / 582 ft
818 m / 2,683 ft